United States gets:
- Market access for industrial and agricultural goods
- Sharply lowered tariffs on a wide range of industrial and agricultural
goods (with reductions of 30-50%)
- Phase-out of all Vietnamese non-tariff measures. Full trading
rights for U.S. firms.
- WTO-level protection for U.S. intellectual property within 18
- Market access for services
- U.S. firms may enter Vietnam's market for financial, telecommunications,
distribution, audio-visual, legal, accounting, engineering,
computer, market research, construction, educational, health
and tourism services. Phased in over 3-5 years.
- Protection for U.S. investments, discriminatory treatment. Local
content and export performance requirements eliminated, and much
investment licensing phased out.
- Increased transparency through issuance of draft laws, publication
of all laws and regulations.
- The same normal trade treatment already granted by the United
States to over 130 countries.